What is the Role of the therapist?
- To develop a safe and trusting relationship between the member and therapist.
- To support and encourage the member’s movements by either mirroring, suggesting or empathetically observing and acknowledging movements.
- To give space and allow free-association of movement.
- To use movement analysis and observation tools to understand how the individual relates to
- Themselves and others in the environment.
- To allow and encourage the bringing of various emotions to the room.
The therapist uses various exploration methods such as: play, rhythm, ritual, music, vocalization, mirroring, props, art and drawing during sessions.